Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sprouts in the garden!

A couple of weeks ago I decided to plant radishes, spinach and mache.  I had been getting concerned since nothing had sprouted, but this morning when I went out to work on the garden beds I saw little sprouts all over the place!  The weather this weekend (upper 50's to the lower 60's) should be perfect for keeping them growing quickly.  So excited for fresh treats from the garden in the coming weeks.


I have also spent some time going through all of my old seeds from last year and cataloging everything to determine what needs to be picked up this spring.  It looks like I have a pretty good base to work with, but I'll probably mix things up with some new varieties.  


Later today I will likely start planting early season seeds and plotting out the garden.


I'm particularly excited about adding some cool new eggplants from Birch Creek Heirloom Seeds (www.rareseeds.com) as well as some Asian bean varieties.  


What are you planning on growing this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails