Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chicks

So today I picked up a few chicks to add to the flock.  There are a few weekly egg buyers now so I want to make sure that as some of the original chickens from three years ago begin to age I have some great layers to pick up the slack.  I bought chicks at both Bordertown Feed Supply just across the Oregon border and then picked up a couple later in the day at Northwest Farm Supply on a whim.  I'll most likely add two or three more to the mix this weekend as it looks like PGG is getting some interesting breeds that I would like to add to the flock.

The new chicks are the follow breeds:
  • (2) Silver Laced Wyandottes
  • (1) Gold Sex Link
  • (1) Black Sex Link
  • (1) Cuckoo Maran (they lay chocolate colored eggs, super pretty)
  • (1) Sicilian Buttercup

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails